Tuesday 19 January 2010

Ban Butter, Part 4,400?

By the time I've finished typing this, there will probably be over 4,400 blogs containing the phrase "Ban Butter". I'm not going to call Shyam Kolvekar rude names. He's a heart surgeon so he's probably very good at cutting people's chests open, removing clogged coronary arteries and grafting in veins removed from legs or whatever it is they do. I don't really wanna know!

He obviously doesn't read our blogs, or he wouldn't have said what he did. If he didn't get any money from Unilever for saying it, that's rather foolish. If I'm going to risk being called every rude name under the sun, I want it to be worth my while.

Anyway, in case you missed it, here's Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease.

See also Fats and Fatty Acids in Human Nutrition and specifically Dietary Fat and Coronary Heart Disease: Summary of Evidence from Prospective Cohort and Randomised Controlled Trials.

I personally use Anchor Spreadable (kept in the 'fridge) or Anchor/Kerrygold (kept out of the 'fridge) as they're from grass-fed cows.

Finally, for a little light relief, see Butter vs Margarine.

Update: From Hartke Is Online!

No comments: